01 09 10
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Bogie

Monday, September 17, 2018

John Demetelin AKA Jack Denison, New Information

YOU CAN SEE HOW PATHETIC JACK DENISON WAS.  FAST FORWARD TO 11:21.




Met a lady through her reaching out to me through FaceBook Messenger.  This is what she shared with me about Jack Denison: 





Hi Karmen.  
I see that you are the blogger for Dorothy Dandridge.  Amazing all the information you have collected about her marriage to Jack Denison.  

A distant cousin of mine, Tina, who discovered me through ancestry dot com,  has been doing research to help find the real parents and grand parents for a guy named David who is half Greek, was adopted and born in Canada in 1958.  

Tina sent me the link to your blog after I told her what I’m about to tell you.  To try to make a long story short, DNA testing led her to me because of my relations to Greeks from Canada related to my dad.  

My dad met my mom, who was living with her sister in Montreal, while visiting his relatives in Canada in 1934.  My dad lived in Washington DC.  My mom dated Jack Denison in Montreal, Dorothy’s Greek husband,  and broke up with him right before she met my dad.  Somehow my dad was related to Jack and his sister Mary and that’s whose family he was visiting.  My mom told me this story many times—Jack Denison was NOT his real name!  His real name was John Demetelin and his sister Mary, shown in one of the pictures in your blog, was Mary Demetelin, not Denison.


My mom, who was very beautiful BTW,  broke up with him because she found out he was sleeping with one of the waitresses where she was working.  Her exact words were, “he was a womanizer!” just like your article said, lol.  According to my mom, he begged her to take him back many times and she refused.  She claims that’s why he left Montreal, moved to Los Vegas and changed his name to Jack Denison.  But who knows what the real reason was.  


I always knew who Dorothy Dandridge was growing up because of my mom.  My mom remained friends with his sister Mary and they corresponded by mail for many years.  I was born in 1953 and I even remember her writing Mary and getting letters from her.  My mom would talk about John like she never got over him.  Would tell me how handsome he was and how she loved his thick black hair.  (Of course she never spoke of him around my dad.) I’m trying to find a picture I have of him with my dad and his sister Mary taken in Canada.  I’ll send it when I do find it.  It’s definitely him.  My mom passed away in 2009 at the age of 95.  I showed her the well known picture of him with Dorothy that I found on the Internet after seeing the movie with Halle Berry and told her it’s a good thing she broke up with him because he was abusive.  She agreed and repeated about what a womanizer he was.  


So that’s what I know and thought you might like to know about Jack Denison’s true identity.  As for Dave, who is still trying to find out who his real Greek grandfather was in Canada, Tina is still working on that for him.  The name Denison came up as a possible relative to Dave, as well as my maiden name Zazanis, my dad’s sister’s married name Deoudes, and many other relative names I’m familiar with.  Because Dave, who now lives in CA, was adopted there’s a lot of red tape in Canada to find out who his true relatives are.  Hopefully he will find out soon.
Sincerely, Tula.
MA



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this background information. Been looking up jack Denison for a while and trying to find out more about him since he was married to dorothy

Karmen Marlise said...

My pleasure 😊. Due to me doing this blog I was contacted by a lady whose Mom knew him personally. If I get more I will post it.

Anonymous said...

He was murdered in Las Vegas in his house on tomyasue street

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow, Thank You just now seeing this...will get what I can to update this blog on that

Anonymous said...

How did he get murdered?